Trogir - Cathedral of St Lawrence
(Local Name: Sv Lovro) Trogir's Cathedral of St Lawrence is considered by many to be one of the finest architectural achievements in all of Croatia. The Cathedral of St Lawrence has three aisles and is built on the site of an ancient church originally destroyed by the Saracens.
Building started in 1193 and continued for many years and finished in or around 1500. One of the most notable features of the church is an amazing Romanesque door carved in or around 1240 by Master Radovan. Complementing the door are two stone lions.